Sunday, August 23, 2015

Bringing You Back To A Certain Place- Music Fave Matchbox Twenty
















Matchbox Twenty is a Pop/Rock band who writes really good songs with real meaning behind them. They debut album came out in 1996 so they have been in the music game for 20 years which is a little funny since they are matchbox twenty (Artist Pun HAHA!) anyways their debut album was named Yourself Or Someone Like You which had two big hits of there's that were 3am and Push. 3am is a song about how Rob Thomas (Singer) mother had cancer when he was only 12. He explained the song as that it was a weird time for him because he had to take care of not only himself but also his sick mother. But the beginning of the song goes " she says it's cold outside and hands me a rain coat she is always worried about things like that." It shows that even though his mom was sick she still wanted too take care of her little boy it's very sweet. Personally I have always wondered if it was hard for him to have to sing this song so often because it's such an emotion song. As for the song Push it's the more angry side/rock side of the band the song itself is just talking about being feud up with things not working out. I'm one of those people who always remember exactly where I was when I have heard a song for the very first time and it just always brings me back. This band was one of those bands that brought me back because I remember being little and hearing their music on the radio all the time but never knowing who the artist was. A little story about remembering hearing them on the radio is that almost every Sunday my mom, my sister, and I would go visit my grandparents. They lived about an hour and a half away so I would sit there in my car seat and listen to the music that was playing and stare out the window and wondering what the lyrics meant. I laugh now because I guess I was always a music lover just don't know I'd have such a strong love for it. My top six favorite songs would be Disease, Push, She's So Mean, 3am, Unwell, Smooth (Carlos Santana/ Rob Thomas). (not in that order). The thing I love about this band so much is that they can go from great up tempo songs to amazing ballads it really shows the talent within the band. Rob's voice is also pretty awesome he has this sort of growl and grit to his voice but when it comes to the slower songs you can hear the emotion that he pours into the song. I look up to musicians like him because he has the raw talent to be able to sing with out any backing tracks or instruments and it would still sound flawless. So if you don't know who Matchbox Twenty is totally check them out! - Taylor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment