Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Song Of The Day- Sail by AWOLNATION

The first time I heard Sail by AWOLNATION I was actually sitting in a school assembly and my school's dance team came out to perform their state number for us and they danced to this song. From listening to this I fell in love with it because I have always liked big voices and the singer (Aaron Bruno) had one that's for sure. When I listen to this it's dark, haunting, and a bit spooky. It's the type of song you would hear in a horror movie where the monster or killer is lurking in the shadows and is watching your every move. As for the lyrics it's basically a cry for help because this person just wants to "Sail" away from their problems. There is also a underline theme of the subject of suicide it talks about that point of being so low that your mind thinks what life would be like if you weren't around. Now that feeling is very tough to get through and trust me I know because I have been in that dark place once or twice before and it's not healthy or safe at all. Yet I came out okay and this song inspired me to try my hardest to never return to that state of mind.
-Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment