Thursday, July 16, 2015

My First Vinyl- Aerosmith Live Bootleg!

Yesterday my mom and I went downtown to this shop called Music Millennium and too me it was basically heaven for a music lover I was so amazed at everything they had. First you walk in and it feels like your in a old club venue. Personally it felt like all of these clubs I have read about in Rockstar Biography's like ( Steven Tyler- Does The Noise In My Head Bother You. Joe Perry-ROCKS My Life In and Out Of Aerosmith. Stephen Davis-Watch You Bleed/The Saga Of Guns N Roses. Nikki Sixx-The Heroin Diaries/This Is Gonna Hurt. Duff McKagan-It's So Easy and Other Lies.) There was even a little cove where you had to walk up a staircase and I imagined climbing up the raptors at a club like the Whiskey A GoGo, Roxy, the Troubadour. Made me imagine what use to happen before or after the show :-)  As soon as I found the room with all their vinyls in it I went searching and of course the first band I looked for is my favorite Aerosmith when I was flipping through I found this one and I remembered listening to a interview of someone saying that Live Albums are the best because it's not as clean and polished as studio ones so I chose "Aerosmith Live Bootleg".  Listening to it right now it's everything I thought it would be which is in my eyes utterly and completely perfect. For it being live it gives a certain feel to the sound just a bit more soul to the music because of course any artist gives more when they are performing live verses just recording. Everything is hitting harder meaning that the drums- Joey Kramer are loud and thumping beat. then came the rhythm guitarist Brad Whitford- who has a great timing to his playing. Next is Mr. Sweet Emotion himself aka Tom Hamilton who has this sick bass style that's a bit mystery to it. After them is the Toxic Twins which are Steven Tyler and Joe Perry and they are the perfect duo for trouble with Joe's sloppy but sexy sound of distorted guitars matched with the screaming of demon's loud range makes for one hell of a band! Having had the chance to listen to them on vinyl is a treat and I want more- Taylor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment