Sunday, August 28, 2016

Greatest Hits tv show

Recently I have came across a new tv show called Greatest Hits its basically American Idol without the "everyday people turned superstar" it's already established musical acts of many different genres singing their own songs with current acts as well. I tried it out because I was an avid Idol watcher and I'm missing it a lot so why not give this show a go. My reaction is that while I like it it reminds me of those music award shows such as the VMA's or Billboard Awards back on in the day when people were open to listening to lots of different styles of music and also where the collaborative process was more unique than say putting together two people that sound alike or have very similar styles. Some of my very favorite collaborations such as Tina Turner singing Brown Sugar with the Rolling Stones or more recently Megan Tranior feat John Legend "Like I'm Gonna Lose You" now those two are on two total different sides of the industry came together to make a really good solid song. I'm going to pick my top 5 favorite performances from the show so go check this out and give the show a try :)


1. Adam Lambert-George Michael Tribute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZARuUJ937U
He sang the song "Faith" which is one of Michael's biggest selling singles to date. There's something to effortless to the way Adam can deliver a song almost better than the person who originally sang it.

2. Rick Springfield- Jessie's Girl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIXMXqStFxs
This is such a feel good song that I swear it just makes everyone get up and dance! It's nice too see that he still sounds as good as he did on the record that's how to do when the song is over 35 years old. There is a reason why it has hold up all these years because it's just a fun song to listen too.

3. Kelsea Ballerini- Man! I feel like a woman/This Love/Baby One Time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmAOz5yExSY
I enjoyed this because to go from country to pop is hard to do but she did it so easily with just a few note changes it shows she really knows how to use her voice instead of her voice using her.

4. Fifth Harmony- Destiny's Child Tribute
I was so impressed with them doing this tribute! They put so much soul and attitude into this performance they did Destiny's Child proud for sure they brought down the house! Go Girl Power ;)

5. Little Big Town- Fallin' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhcHT3GM_6c
Country Performers turned R&B is so freaking cool to watch because of the amount of runs in this song makes it very difficult to sing but damn! they killed it! all of them sounded so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment