Friday, July 1, 2016

Song Of The Day- Dancing With Myself cover by CivilTwilight

https://soundcloud.com/civiltwilight
I came across this cover when I was on Twitter. Billy Idol himself tweeted the link of their cover so of course I wanted to check it out. If the man who wrote the song said he liked it then it's a must right! I pressed play and entered this mind-blowing rendition of one of my favorite songs I was so impressed. I'm surprised no one ever thought to slow the song down and turn it into a ballad. If you listen to the lyrics another way of interpreting the words is someone who is really lonely and looks at the world as if it's him against the world.
"So let's sink another drink
'Cause it'll give me time to think
If I had the chance
I'd ask the world to dance
And I'll be dancing with myself."
There is this wonderful gentle vibe as if you're floating on a cloud it's very unique for this particular song. Also it's an aerial sound which brings an era of calming sense to the music with the light piano accompaniment to the singers voice. Probably one of the best covers I have ever heard! Check it out :) 

Love, Tay 

No comments:

Post a Comment