Thursday, July 7, 2016

Favorite Artist- Chris Cornell



I've always loved strong voices and he's is one of those magical sounding ones that it bewilders me by how amazing his voice really is and how it completed in an era the 90's with the newly found genre known as Grunge where the idea was to turn the volume up too 11 on amps and play as loud as you could. He risen too fame was brought by his world record selling band Soundgarden. Personally I know this band to be one of the biggest bands of the genre Grunge along with Pearl Jam, Nirvana, etc. Personally one of my favorites is a song called "Rusty Cage" his tone in this song is tough but a touch softness cause there is an part of his voice that is just velvet it's so smooth that it creates a strange but fun surprise cause it's so unexpected. Next up is the song "Black Hole Sun" it's the most well known track from the band but it's one that is just too good that of course I have to talk about it. It's a ballad which is unusual for their sound so no wonder why everyone loved it. It has a very trippy feel to me the image I get is Alice falling down the rabbit hole all though I also get this vibe that it's about someone who is already so far down the hole but want so bad to get out and for the black clouds to go away and to be able to restore happiness to their life. I find it a very inspiring song because it helped me channel distractive emotions such as sadness, or anger but be able to come out of that dark time to be able to be happy again. (Thank You Chris!) I'm also a fan of his other band Audioslave my favorite track has to be "Cochise" it's such a sexy slow rocking vibe. It will be playing in every underground night club forever because it has that dangerous vibe. Another song that I just adore is 'Hungry Strike" by Temple Of Dog which includes Chris Cornell and Eddie Vender from Pearl Jam god their voices mash so well together it's almost like they just fit together like a missing piece of a puzzle. Now this song is very special too me because for some reason it has this instant calming affect on me it brings me peace when everything seems to be crashing down and I just can't take anymore. I can't count how many times I have cried so hard like completely sobbing and can't catch my breath and somehow this song will come on and I know I will be okay. Lastly is a cover which is "Nothing Compares 2 U" and it blew my mind it's so beautiful and heartbreaking at the some time which I always find it creates the most real and honest music. You guys must check it out!!! <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuUDRU9-HRk- The link to the video! If one day I have the pleasure of meeting him one of my dreams will have came true because I think his contribution to the music industry made such a huge impact on me :)

Love, Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment