Monday, March 14, 2016

Overcoming Fear

FYY- Another talky post sorry I promise I'll do something better soon!


As of right now at 1:22 pm on Monday the 14th of March I'm sitting on campus waiting to present my project for my English class which normally has myself a bit freaked out because public speaking was never really my thing. The reason why is because I have a stuttering problem so with certain letters they just don't come out well or either they don't come out at all. It's very frustrating to say the least but it's something that gave me strength because if someone laughs I'm like really? You couldn't be even the slightest bit more mature that's just plain pathetic. I actually feel prepared to talk about my project because I think I pushed myself to really work hard on this essay because it's an issue close to my heart. I ended up speaking about stereotypes of the LBGTQ community mostly regarding marriage but also talking about other issues as well. It was a lot about the lack of acceptance towards them still I was surprised because I thought things have came a long way and yes, they have but still have a long way to go still! Another really cool aspect of the project was since I love music I found two songs that speak about the same issues I did in my essay. So that's going to bring me to my point where I will speak about how the messages within the songs are trying to send messages of acceptance to the world and how we need to just embrace it. Let Love Rule!
It's truly as simple as that.

Love, Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment