Saturday, March 5, 2016

American Idol 2016


Since this is the farewell season of Idol I'd thought I would give my two sense about this season comment on the post and tell me who you're faves are as well! Enjoy!


1st Favorite Contesten- Dalton Rapattoni
Top 3 Favorite Performances so far-
Hopelessly Devoted by Grease- Yes I know he is very dramatic when it comes to his performance but it reminded me of Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance. It was emotional and rich and I just fell for him.
Rebel Yell by Billy Idol- Good lord was he just I have to say it but he brought an sexy song to this perfect mix of innocent with sexy and I'm so in love with this rendition!
His Audition-
He walked into his audition the first thing my mom said was "wow he is pretty" she is right he is pretty like an angelic face. Then he started to sing The Phantom of the Opera and Boom! I was hooked on him.



















2nd Favorite Contesten- Trent Harmon
When his audition came on I was like okay here comes another farm boy but hell no this farm boy can SING! he sang a R&B song for god sakes I was like wait what!
Top 3 fave performances so far-
Tiny Dancer by Elton John- Strangely I have a weird obsession because to me the lyrics speak so much to what I dream of which is to fall in love with a music man. Anyways his falsetto blew my mind I became a fan right then and there!
Like I Can by Sam Smith- Good god this man has soul to his voice and I love it. When he drags out the word "Lawyer" with this weird jaw like movement it sent shivers down my spine that's how much I felt it. He knows which songs have the right groove for his voice!
When A Man Loves A Woman by Michael Bolton- Damn he cleans up well ;) all I can say is I got lost in those blue eyes <3















3rd Favorite Contesten- MacKenzie Bourg
I saw him and just went "Awe isn't he adorable" then he opened his mouth to start to sing and I was amazed at how soft his natural voice was. He did a medley of songs one from each judge which was very risky because they are have different genres that being Country, Pop, and Jazz but he sang all of them beautifully. I knew he was gonna have staying power on the show!
Top 3 fave performances so far-
Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley- I already love the song choice so I was excited to hear his take on it. Boy was I glued to the tv while he sang I love how his voice is so airy and breathy it creates a meaningful sound.
 I See Fire by Ed Sheeran- When watching this I liked the depth this song added to his voice it added a richness that isn't always there. He brought something new to the table and it payed off!
I Wanna Dance With Somebody(Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston- Listening to this was interesting because he began flirting with the camera you could tell he was into it for sure. There is a moment in the chorus he say's the word I but with this rasp at the end of it and it created a cool sound to the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment