Sunday, January 10, 2016

New Music- A Thousand Horses


   Recently I have been obsessed with the band A Thousand Horses my first introduction to them was actually when I went to that 98.7 Santa Jam concert because they were one of the opening bands. Before going I looked them up on Youtube and discovered that they were great! Their debut album is called Southernality is a perfect blend of rock meets country naturally it reminded me of the band Lynyrd Skynyrd very much. My favorite part about them is that with their up tempo songs it has that bluesy guitar sound that often rock music is based on but then the country aspect comes in when the singer starts singing because he does have a twang to his voice so the way he words the lyrics it gives it that soulful vibe. It's a difficult process for a band to have both fun and exciting upbeat songs but to also have amazing ballads which they do it shows real musicianship. Personally my favorite upbeat song is Travelin' Man it's one of those's awesome tour songs that are usually done in the back of the bus at like 2am while driving along the highway onto the next city. As for a ballad that I really like is Sunday Morning it's a very sweet song that would be sung to the love of you're life. Within the track the band decided to use three female backup singers which gave it that fuller soulful sound. I'd advise everyone to check them out! You won't be sorry :)

Love, Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment