Saturday, January 30, 2016

Music Fave- John Mayer




The first time I heard John Mayer was actually while watching So You Think You Can Dance and all of the dancers had to perform solos to the song "Waiting On The World To Change" to me that is an anthem to stand up and do something that being anything because you never know what's gonna help on this Earth the simplest thing can grant so much joy to somebody. Next is "Gravity" it's a very soulful sounding record because of the use of a blues driven guitar. I never knew how great of a guitar player he was until I watched his concert dvd one day and realized damn he can really play. I was not only impressed with his talent with both vocals and guitar playing but his respect for his band members he not only introduced them but talked about how great each one of them plays and how he is honored to be up on stage with them every night. John has really gotten a bad rep for being rude and egotistical because of a few bad interviews he has given over the years but I just think he is misunderstood. One of my personal faves is "Slow Dancing In A Burning Room" this ballad is so sexy in a playful way it's like having a fight with your partner and their up in your face and then the tension just breaks and end up just kissing each other. After that is probably is "Daughters" now if you listen closely it's speaking about having a certain respect for people in your family because kids learn habits from ones closest to them. I love the song "Your Body Is A Wonderland" it's again playing that flirty card but in a very sweet and honest way because he is speaking about things like the way a girl's hair falls it's bits like that which so how much your really in love with a person. Lastly is his cover of the song Free Fallin original written by Tom Petty is pure magic to me this song has a power over me because whenever I hear it either it be John's version or Tom Petty's I relax instantly it's so beyond calming. The song is perfect for driving down a highway in the middle of America on a road trip with your friends or even your bf or gf just embracing life taking in each moment for what it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment