Thursday, December 8, 2016

Lenny Kravitz- The Chamber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAHlQ77lm10
PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO! WARNING: Nudity

You know how sometimes you end up in a downward spiral on Youtube? Well, that is what happened to me a clip from his Oprah Master class episode popped up so I just decided to see if he put out any new music because I like his song Fly Away and his rendition of American Women is one of my all time favorites. I came across this particular song "The Chamber" so I clicked and Wow! First of all I love the whole idea for the video basically the danger of the act of play also wanting what you know you shouldn't have. It's so tempting yet in the back of your head you know you shouldn't engage but something inside yea just can't say no. The beginning is classical sound using a string section then BOOM you hear the gun shot. Which at first listen made me jump a bit, then this real groove oriented guitar comes in mixing with a steady beat of drums and a bass line that would make Prince (RIP) so proud and probably smiling down on him from heaven above. As a fan of Rock music I lately always hear that "Rock Is Dead" and honestly it may be but this is reinventing the genre of "Rock" music because I know this must have been a club hit as well because people can dance to it! With the EDM (Electric Dance Music) being so big nowadays, this is a great way for possible rock artists to go the EDM route. I hate to say it because I totally get a Disco vibe as well from this song very Studio 54 sounding I can see the drinks, lights, shiny clothing etc ;) Honestly it is a cool song so check it out

Love, Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment