Monday, June 13, 2016

The 1975- Falling For You



This song for me has a lot of meaning because the band the 1975 has helped me through very tough and emotional times in my life. Mostly last summer because it was the first summer I couldn't spend with friends and that shook me to the core because I realized I often depended on my friends for happiness because don't get me wrong I love my family I'm lucky to have them but sometimes it's just so much easier to talk to a friend than a family member and know that the convo you just had will only be between you and that friend. Family tends to get other family involved when most of the time it doesn't need that. It was really hard because I had so much to say to my friends even just the mindless chatter I missed so much I felt very alone and honestly not wanted anymore. It was a mixture of getting left-behind because my closet friends went to actually Uni's and I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life because for so long my thought was "Just Get Through High school!" and once I did it's like everything just stopped and I was confused and scared so it was a critical point in my life where I could have really needed a support system. After both of my parents encouraged me to enroll in a community college to just get started and be back into the social system of taking classes I began to stop depending on my friends less because I not only matured but also understand not having the time to catch up with each other because I had tons of homework or projects to get done. Although I still made the effort and time to be there for my friends if they did need me because I know how lonely it feels when nobody seems to have the time for you. All I ask is for my friends to make the effort make me feel wanted and that our friendship has value.


The picture above is a lyric from the song itself and I just wanted to say I relate to it so much because
the number of times I have been friends with a guy then I develop feelings for them and it always 
seems like I'm never good enough to be the "Girlfriend" it sucks because it's made me sad cause I now think what is wrong with me that I can't make the transition from friend too girlfriend? 
UGH< how I feel towards that! lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment