Thursday, June 16, 2016

Song Of The Day- (Oh) Pretty Women/ Van Halen version!



If someone asked me what decade is most of the music I listen too from I'd have to say 80's because I love this party vibe that you get from many of the popular bands of the 80's. Now yes I know Van Halen started in 1974 but they became very big in the 80's after being introduced to this amazing band by one of my best friends who I will call "D" I'd come over in the summer to pick her up to go some where and I would always hear a Van Halen song playing in the background. Of course I got curious and started doing some research and soon I realized that "Pretty Women" is my all time favorite song by them. The feel is just so summer like like a bunch of girls who are super good friends walking around just hanging out in the sunshine it's just a feel good kind of track. Within the track David Lee Roth's voice is unique because when he sings his voice has dips and valley's as from it's running up and down a hill plus the fact that he didn't use falsetto in time where guys were covered in make up and spandex trying to hit unimaginable high notes they totally brought something different to the music game. Funny enough the first thing to draw me in was the drumming patterns that Alex Halen created instead of just hearing huge ear shuddering drums it was a calculated pattern he made for every song. Of course being drawn to guitarists I think Eddie Van Halen is one of the very best out there the things he could do always amazed me the speed that man could play at watching his fingers work magic on those strings is a level that tons of musicians have to work towards too. Then Michael Anthony's bass playing is out of this world often in 80's bands the only things you'd hear is Drums, Guitar, and The singer but he really worked hard for his work to be heard and appreciated. It's crazy to think at the amount of headway the made into the music biz from 78' to 84' they sure did kill it back in the day. Totally wish I could have seen them in their prime because now you can see they just don't want to be on stage together that's really sad for those die-hard fans but maybe it's better for them to just retire and bask in the good old day's memories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment