Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Song Of The Day- Five To One




< Link to the song

As a lover of most rock music I'd always hear about the doors and how much of an influence their made on music in such a short amount on time till the untimely passing of lead singer Jim Morrison. My first taste of their music was in a class that I took at my college called Music Appreciate. The professor was this really cool guy who had a wicked taste in music and also gave a great history on the music itself it's one of those classes I'll always remember. So one day we started working on the Acid Rock genre and my professor asked who was the lead singer of the doors? I raised my hand and said "Jim Morrison" now in 2015 not many kids my age know who he was but I did and he was impressed! The first song he played was Five To One and I fell under Jim's spell ;) There was something so primal about his voice the way he growled, he moaned, his stage prescience.  


There is this hazy, drunk, out of you're mind feeling to their music which I also think is something to reflect that era the 60's or the environment of being an musician. It's a wonderful band to use as an escape because the lyrics really make you think that's a sign of a real artist if their music makes you think. What fun is it if an artist explains what every song really means? Everyone who listens to it makes their own story and that's what they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment