Saturday, September 12, 2015

Album Review- Hollywood Vampires


The band called the Hollywood Vampires include three very famous men which are Alice Cooper, Joe Perry, and Johnny Depp. Now the origin of the name is actually the name for a famous club of rockstars who would lurk in the darkness of the Rainbow Bar and Grill in West Hollywood in the 70's. As for where the idea came up is that both Alice and Joe wanted to pay tribute to their deceased friends and idols that meant a lot too them. Many of these songs that are on the album are covers now trust me I know what everyone thinks when musicians do a cover album it's basically a sign of saying their done in the music game but not with this album. It's a monster of badass, sexy, and dangerous rock n roll that I think the mainstream really needs at the moment. I'm so sick of hearing that Rock Is Dead when actually it's not. A bunch of new bands are coming up and showing respect to their influences. Back to the music on this great record the first song I heard was Whole Lotta Love now I love the original by Led Zeppelin so I was a bit nervous but oh my god! the start of it is this slow, dark alluring with the opening line " You need cooling baby I'm not fooling let me send you back too schooling" then boom into the rest of the song with these screaming loud guitars but with some of the notes being strung out to get a really cool sound too it. Next was I Got A Line On You was a song I didn't know but it's by a band called Spirit. It brings back the element of Punk Rock because it's just all about the energy and live performance which is what Punk was based off on. After was My Dead Drunk Friends that was actually written by all the members of the band. Too me it was the perfect brew of Alice in the way he words lyrics when he sings and the deep low backing vocals of Joe and paired with Johnny's guitar playing it really is something special. That song is where you put on you're best outfit and walk out with this attitude of I can take on the world. Likewise is Schools Out/Another Brick Wall is straight up a badass anthem that was created by the master mind of Alice is saying everything that a teenager feels towards life. On a few different occasions Johnny has played live with Alice and the way he plays lead guitar on this song shows that he is serious about this and it isn't just another actor trying to be like " Oh Look What Else I Can Do" type of thing he truly has a rockstar like aura about him. Lastly is the song My Generation by The Who this cover is just pure fun and attitude. The songs that I have spoken about in this post are personally my favorites on the record but overall the whole album is just pure magic and I love it. I'm hoping that they will tour this because I'm for sure buying myself a ticket! - Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment