Thursday, May 12, 2016

Music Fave- Avenged Sevenfold

Band Members From Left To Right: Johnny, Zacky, Matt,Synyster, The Rev

I found this band through a friend who likes rock/metal music a lot and she is always telling me to check out bands she has found so I'm like okay I'll give them a shot and the first thing I found was a song called "Nightmare" which starts off with this intro of somewhat creepy piano then the guitar and drums come blazing into the song and Matt starts to sing. I find metal drummers interesting because they can play so fast that the sound coming from them almost sounds like a machine instead of someone just playing the drums. Next up on my list of favorites is a song called "Welcome To The Family" what I love about this song is if you listen to the chorus you won't know it's a metal song at all at the most you'll think it's a pop rock song I enjoy how controlled Matt's voice is because of course he can scream and growl with the best of metal singers but theirs actually harmony within his voice when he is singing using a softer tone and drawing out the words. After thought the song Beast and A Harlot is on my list of songs I love because it's crazy fast with Zacky's and Syn's guitar work but also Johnny's thumping bass line which you can actually hear usually the bass is hidden in metal but you can really hear his tone when he play's. Probably because he doesn't use a pick he strums with his fingers which I think has a more vibrant sound. Moving on to a song called "Bat Country"
what I love about this one is the way Syn and Zacky have dwelling guitars cause it sounds so cool and badass because both of them are such great guitarists. Then both of them sing a part using falsetto and the first time I heard it seriously blew my mind! Lastly is my all time fave song by them which is "Scream" it's very groove heavy so it isn't their normal sound at all so it's cool to hear them do something different. This song is so freaking weird google the lyrics you will find out why ;) anyways I love Syn's guitar playing in this song so much that it almost puts me in a haze because it sounds so sexy! You could say that he may be my favorite band member he is just so sticking cute!
I'm such a fan girl for them now but seriously check them out!!

Love, Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment