Sunday, September 18, 2016

Song Review- Cold Hearted by Paula Abdul



Now I love almost everything about the 80's from the music, fashion, movies, etc so once I found this song I fell in love because it's seriously so badass! It's nice to see a woman stand up for herself in talking about unfair relationships. I first heard about this song while actually watching a interview of John Stamos joking about the song was about him. (they dated each other) sadly tho I don't know if it's true about him being unfaithful to Paula but it sure did make one hell of a hit in the year 89'. Plus the video was so amazing! the dancers were so great and created so many interesting new formations and movements it really did have it's own style of dance. I couldn't believe how fast some of those dancers including Paula herself were dancing or climbing on those boxes that were stacked on top of each other it had such clean lines through out the whole video I'm not surprised though it did will many awards at the VMA's that year. I can totally relate to the lyrics of liking a guy who let's just say has a "wandering eye" because their is always that thin line of unhealthily jealously and it creates so many problems in such a small amount of time. All though I understand when there's just one guy that everyone knows is no good at all but there's something inviting about him that you just don't care if you get hurt in the end.  Yes, there was a time I was I guess you can say the "other women" type of deal all though not really because said guy who I'll call "T" just broken up with his longtime girlfriend and who I happened to be in class with also with him as well and we'd use to flirt all the time because first of all he was just fun to be around with plus it use to drive the longtime girlfriend crazy and I liked getting a little bit of revenge because she was horrible to me would make fun of how I looked, what I wore, the way I spoke (I have a bit of a stuttering issue) just really made me feel so low so of course I liked throwing it in her face by talking to her ex. One time I remember is we were watching a movie in this class and once the lights turned off it got really dark especially if it was a cloudy grey kind of day outside. The way we sat we we're all the way in the back rows of desks closet to the right side of the wall and he'd rest his hand on my knee then slide it up to my thigh and I'd run my fingers through his hair above his neck you know teenagers shenanigans;) and it drove her mad but I knew I wasn't ever gonna date "T" or have a actually relationship with him because in Paula Abdul's words "He is a cold hearted snake!" so now whenever I hear this song I think of him and just shake my head because when are men ever gonna learn women ALWAYS have the last laugh in the end!

Love, Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment