Friday, September 9, 2016

New Artist Review- Frankie Ballard

I came across Frankie's music by actually flipping through channels on tv. As I was going through them I find CMT which is country music I find that genre of music to be really calming so I often turn it on when I'm doing chores around the house. Well Frankie's video for a song called Sunshine and Whiskey came on and it made me stop in my tracks and just watch and listen. After the video ended I really liked the song so I went to do some research and find out that was born in Michigan but moved to Nashville to pursue a career in music after hr graduated college where he was playing college baseball. I knew his music was special when his upbeat songs make me want to get up and dance whiling singing along to ever word. Yet as soon as you listen to one of his ballads the emotion hits every nerve in your body. So here's my top 5 fave songs go listen :)

5. Sunshine and Whiskey-
At first listen you hear this steady beat of drums with a nice acoustic guitar floating over it. The lyrics read as if you're falling in love with a summer fling someone who you find so interesting that you get tunnel vision and can only really focus on that one person. A great line in the song goes" I was driving south with the top drop down, her hair in the wind, Tom Petty playing loud." It spoke too me cause it's it reminded me of going on a road trip and somehow they're was a Tom Petty song playing in the background while I looked outside the window. Plus there is also a killer guitar solo he does which gave the song some edge.
4. Young and Crazy-
A lot of Frankie's music is very guitar driven because he is firstly a guitar player it's what his music thrives on the real meat of most of his tracks. This song tells a story that everyone should live life to it's fullest. Make crazy memories that will make for a great story later in life. It's a real positive vibe!
3. I'm Thinking Country-
First of all the banjo actually really makes this song because it fits so perfectly to what Frankie is talking about which is getting away from the city and go out on up land and have a bon-fire with friends and live it up! Everyone can understand needing to get away from day to day life even if you can't escape in real life this song is a nice filler for that feeling. I also get major summer vibes from this track I can imagine myself sitting by the river listening to that on loudest setting of the speakers and rocking out.
2. It All Started With A Beer-
UGH!!! I swear this one song is just amazing! It's tender yet reflective, as well as romantic and a bit sad which always seems to produce the best ballads from an recording artist. This song greatly paints a picture of just one moment in time where your with someone special just the two of you enjoying each others company and being love wether it be from the buzz or just staring into each others eyes all night it's so sweet. Oh My God the slide guitar lifts this song to newer heights it sets such a unique tone to the song it's sexy but a soft sound it pairs wonderfully with Frankie's voice on the track.

1. Cigarette- the guitar comes in plucking a few notes then Frankie's voice comes in talking about wanting to get the attention of a women so bad that everything she does just entices him further. It's a very sexy sounding song it's a mix of an 80's song with the synth keyboards mixing with 70's southern rock tendencies.

Go Check Frankie!!

Love, Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment